2013/06/30

A Long Working Vacation in the United States

I honestly never expected this day would come, but it has. I am currently looking at spending a year or more in the United States of America. As some of you may have known, I have decided to spend the rest of my life in Japan, returning to the States occasionally to spend a week or so with family and friends. Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate events have changed what would be a short holiday to a working vacation that will last for so long that I might end up curled into the fetal position before it is all over.

The prospect of this return has caused me to look at the pros and cons of returning to the States.
Pros:
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Waffle House
Cons:
  • Leaving the Japanese lifestyle
  • The lack of Japanese food
  • Not being around and speaking as much Japanese
  • Being around and speaking English
  • Having to import the vast majority of the things I desire
  • 秘密です
  • Feeling like a fish out of water
  • 秘密です
  • Mediocre Italian Restaurants
  • Going back to being terrified to leave anything lying around anywhere.
There may be other pros and other cons, but I can't think of them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment